2010年4月7日星期三

With Koscheck injured

With Koscheck injured Brock Larson has stepped in to face Wilson and that fight has been relegated to the undercard and the Irvin/McFedries fight assumes its slot on the main card.

I'm not sure what to think about this card. I'm really looking forward to Sherk/Edgar and Irvin/McFedries should be entertaining if nothing else. I have a love/hate relationship with Okami vs Miller because I love that they're giving Dan a test but I think it's too soon and, barring a spectacular performance Okami will just remain stagnant in the division, getting overlooked again for a title shot. Hughes/Serra might not be a bad fight per say but nobody cares about it because neither guy is ever going to amount to anything. If Hughes wins, he sticks around and loses to better competition. He loses, maybe retirement. I think win or lose Serra cuts to 155 after this as the GSP fight illustrated in supreme clarity that his lack of size will be his downfall at 170.

Then we have the main event. I'm excited but cautious. I fully expect the first and possibly second rounds to be absolutely boring as hell. Rashad's making his first defense, Lyoto is getting his first title shot. Both guys have a lot to lose here, especially being undefeated. That, to me, equals a fight where we might see two guys fighting to not lose instead of fighting to win.

I hope I'm wrong, though.

没有评论:

发表评论