2010年4月4日星期日

sports

Figured I'd start this as we're getting bowl games finished and more and more players are announcing they're coming out to enter the draft. I've begun to sour a lot on Jimmy Clausen as a QB prospect leadership wise, especially after the following comment made about entering the draft early: "I don't think we could have done more than we did this past year. Golden has played great. I've done my part. I think this is just the best time for us to go out."

So the guy's team goes 6-6 on the season, misses a bowl game, and he believes that he and Golden Tate can't do anymore than they did? How about finishing above .500? Making a bowl game even? Or *gasp* taking aim at a National Championship. It also irks me that he says he did his part as if the rest of the team's to blame for the 6-6 record.

On the other hand, Sam Bradford should be a steal if he drops due to his shoulder injury. He wins the Heisman Trophy and says, "This is an individual award but I feel like I'm receiving it on behalf of my teammates. I feel like our whole offense bails me out every game. They make me look good." He didn't have to even go so far as to say that his teammates make him look good but he did.

I also really like that he points out the relationships he's built meant more to him than money, "Some people think money is everything, but to me money is not everything. To look at these guys and look at the relationships I've built and the experience that I've had here. Not many people can say that." Just reading quotes like that makes others inspired and want to play for that QB.

I'll be curious to see how Bradford/Clausen/McCoy/Tebow shakes out QB wise during the draft.

Right now, I'd rank them...
1: Colt McCoy (Similar leadership/respect from teammates as Bradford. Either guy would be a good #1 QB pick)
2: Sam Bradford
3: Tim Tebow (Largely if he can improve his mechanics)
4: Jimmy Clausen

没有评论:

发表评论