2010年4月7日星期三

sweetbreads

As for the absolute best thing I ever ate, I can't really pick one. I'd have to separate it all out by category probably (as in best French, best Mexican, best Cuban, etc.) but I'm going to have to go with the meal I had at local favorite Le Pigeon here in Portland. I ate some sweetbreads for an appetizer, a roasted pigeon, and foie gras profiteroles (!!!) for dessert. Definitely the best 3 course meal I ever had. But I really have a lot of love for the really simple pleasures and meals- I have a mouthgasm every time I get the opportunity to eat at Fatburger (which I adore and miss far more than In-n-Out) and pizza and sushi are my two favorite meals. Portland and Vegas are the only two places where I've really gone out to incredible restaurants (I was too young to appreciate anything in L.A. where I was a burger fanatic and in Miami where I killed it on all sorts of Hispanic foods to like anything else) and I can think of a zillion places here that all have their individual merits but no one meal at any one place that tops out everything, ever.

没有评论:

发表评论