2010年4月4日星期日

Terry Pratchett 2

"That's why gods die. They never believe in people. But you have a chance. All you need to do is... believe."

XIII. What? Listen To Stupid Prayers? Watch Over Small Children? Make it Rain?

"Sometimes. Not always. It could be a bargain."

XIV. BARGAIN! I don't Bargain! Not With Humans!

"Bargain now," said Brutha, "While you have the chance, or one day you will have to bargain with Simony, or someone like him. Or Urn, or someone like him."

XV. I Could Destroy you utterly.

"Yes, I am entirely wihin your power."

XVI. I Could Crush You Like An Egg!

"Yes."

Om paused.

Then he said: XVII. You Can't Use Weakness As A Weapon.

"It's the only one I've got."

XVIII. Why Should I Yield, Then?

"Not yield. Bargain. Deal with me in weakness. Or one day you'll have to bargain with someone in a position of strength. The world changes."

没有评论:

发表评论